Northern Lights Library System
The Northern Lights Library System acknowledges that our workplace is located on the traditional territories of the Treaty 6 First Nations and Métis People
At Northern Lights Library System, our libraries offer unlimited possibilities and inspiration to people of all ages to wonder, seek, discover, and share. Our libraries are community hubs that spark and ignite learning, discussion, innovation, and action. We do this by empowering our community and connecting them to ideas and experiences, inspiration, and insight. Serving an area of close to 175,000 people, we treasure our Small-Town Communities, while offering Big City Access.
The Northern Lights Library System is seeking an outgoing, customer-service oriented individual to offer children’s programming and customer service at our service point, Myrnam Community Library, and operations support at head office in Elk Point. This is a full-time (35 hour/week) 8-week term position. This includes 3 days per week at Myrnam Library and 2 days per week at Headquarters, and reports to the Manager of Member Library Services. The individual best-suited for this position is one that can work in all areas of the library, from shelf-reading to presenting programs, to assisting a patron on the computer. This position may include evening shifts, with weekends as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Circulation and customer service
- Research, reader’s advisory, and e-service assistance
- Providing library orientation for patrons, including assisting with use of library resources.
- Shelving materials in all areas of the library.
- Processing new materials
- Library programs deliver and community outreach events, as necessary.
- Promote library programs, collections, and services
- Processing interlibrary loans
- May be required to sort donated materials for book sale.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of Grade 10 is mandatory.
- Ability to provide effective customer service.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail, ability to file alpha-numerically.
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent computer skills. Comfortable learning new technologies and programs.
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check from the Police Service required prior to hiring
- Valid class 5 drivers license
Physical requirements of all library positions include lifting library materials and transit bins, reaching to place materials on shelves, pushing and pulling book carts, and frequent standing, walking, kneeling, bending and exposure to dust.
- Salary: $20.10/ Hour
This position is full-time, requiring some travel and may include evenings and weekends.
HOW TO APPLY
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Closing date is June 21, 2022. Please submit resume to the attention of:
Member Library Services, Northern Lights Library System